It is an elegant Villa erected in 1851-52 by Pietro Gonzales of Verona, who spared no expense and had a basin built which was known at that time as one of the nicest basins on the Como lake.
In March 1872 Gonzales' heirs sold the estate to the Pasha of Costantinople Garabet Arthur Davoud. This lord lived in this Villa with his harem - all his numerous wives - for some years, stimulating understandable curiosity in the surroundings.
Later on, the villa belonged to the Levjs, then it was transferred to Ferdinando Bocconi. From 1941 until some decade ago it belonged to the Cantaluppi family.
Recently, this delightful residence has been transformed into an elegant block of fiats.