It is probably the most elegant residence in Carate Urio, surrounded by a shadowy park at its sides and towards the mountain and with a promenade on the lake towards a broad basin.
The villa was erected towards the end of the eighteenth century and in the nineteenth century the broad estate belonged to Counts Sormani. On the hill behind, this family had their greenhouses, stables and armoury recently transformed into a confortable residences. The Draghi family owned "ai Cedri" - the high cedars in the park give their name to the villa - for about thirty years; from 1947 to 1950, the statesman Alcide De Gasperi was often entertained as a guest by them.
Since 1994 it has belonged to the Guarisco family. The most remarkable adjustments at the first floor - the principal big apartment in this elegant residence -, the restoration of the gilded bees saloon - typical of the Empire style and of clear Napoleonic reminiscences - and the whole refined furniture in the rooms are due to Mrs Emanuela Guarisco's very good taste and artistical sensibility too.